23.4.08

umeboshi

Pickled plums! I was out on some errands and saw a little produce stand (common everywhere), selling umeboshi. These are said to waken the taste buds and to be very healthy for any ailment. They come in different sizes, this is the first time I've seen the larger ones. People have one with breakfast, or with lunch, or with dinner. They're also supposed to be great for hangovers. The first one I had, whoa thats sour! But I've gotten used to them and they're really tasty, expect I'll have some in the fridge at all times.
DSC00431
Painting class (1st year), we traced our drawing, pasted it down, and started working on shading. As I've mentioned, japanese paints are translucent like water colors, so one builds up color and darkness in many layers. Near the end of class, we put an ochre color over top. Starting to understand more the methods to these materials.

No comments: