28.4.08

hirugohan

Had an interesting lunch today. The cafeteria has specials each day, one tends to be asian the other more western. I still can't really read everything on the food-ticket machine (which by the way I've seen elsewhere, especially at restaurants in stations, quick easy way to separate the money exchange from the food preparation), but I can usually figure out which button to press, or in a pinch I know which one is the ramen. The dish today, they made me a vegetable omelet, put it on top of a pile of rice in a big bowl, then poured a thick soup on top. I enjoyed it.

Worked in the library for awhile, then Japanese class felt pretty good, then I went home. Tuesday is a holiday so I'm deciding what I'll do.
Showa Day (Showa no hi):
April 29 is the birthday of former Emperor Showa, who died in the year 1989. Until 2006, Greenery Day (see May 4) used to be celebrated on this day.

No comments: