5.4.08

Coffee

Most people have heard something of japanese vending machines, and how they sell everything you could possibly imagine. I haven't experienced much of this yet, but the machines I've seen are the drink machines, specifically coffee and tea. The thing I really like about these if you can get either hot or cold drinks, iced coffee in a can, hot tea in a can, hot coffee in a can, cold tea in a bottle. Hot drinks fall out the bottom and the metal almost scalds your hand. Each machine has many varieties of juices, teas, coffee, energy drinks, sodas, maybe 30 offerings per machine. Alcohol is a separate machine (not as many of them), but there are just as many varieties of beer being offered. You can also get a full cup of saki from yet another machine. Cigarettes are also in vending machines. You get the idea, but the reason for this post, I can get iced coffee almost anywhere. No Dunkin' Donuts withdrawal, wooooo!
Free Image Hosting at allyoucanupload.com

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Seth I have a question about the can for beer or the beverages are they smaller in size than our. I have heard that they were?

Seth A. said...

Nope. The beer is the same size can. I purchased the larger size, 100 ml, which is like the tall- cans back home.