11.5.08

Missing Sunday

Produce in Japan is pretty good. A favorite snack of mine is the Kiwi fruit. I still remember that day in Elementary school, when we were all offered a piece of hairy fruit. Back then, I was reluctant to eat the skin, ewwww... but now days I just eat the whole thing, more nutritious that way. Probably due to it's proximity to, ohhh, idk, New Zealand, I can get a big bag of kiwi for a few hundred yen (this bag is halfway empty).

But that's not true for everything, and there have been a few things that have really surprised me. At the top of the list are cantaloupes. These are a special premium variety grown here in Japan, but take a look at my photo to behold the ¥2500 ($25) melon! For a real shock, check this link and the pair that went for ¥2500000 ($12,500 ea.)!
DSC01283DSC01265

No comments: