6.5.08

Early start

DSC01268DSC01272DSC01269
DSC01271DSC01270DSC01273

Early start to drive back. Made very good time, then parted ways at the Nagaokakyo station. First thing I had to do at home was open up my tent to dry. Luckily it's a small backpacking tent and I could hang it from my porch on the line I would normally use for laundry.

Really great trip, Shikoku looked and felt very remote from the Kansai area. Maybe when I'm done with school and before I go back to Boston, I will visit again. If I do, I would like to visit Chiiori, a traditional japanese house restored by Alex Kerr, author of Lost Japan and Dogs and Demons.

Feels so far away, when I last had class. Tomorrow is sumi-e and I'm looking forward to it.

1 comment:

pjc said...

Palm trees - I never even imagined palm trees in Japan!