22.5.08

meishi

Nihon-ga was the same as Tuesday, continued to copy old drawings. I am working from copies obviously, and sometimes the details are not fully clear. I'm not sure which direction the brush went, or if the uneven edges of paint was from a dry brush or simply a bad reproduction. I'll continue to do this for a bit longer, but next week I hope to start another painting, also finish the previous sakura branch I posted earlier. Dealing with that piece, I think some of the leaves are turning out well, but I have little control with the paint and am having difficulty with consistency.

I was very tired by the time I got home, I've been staying up too late most nights, getting up too early, relying on coffee, and not getting enough sleep. Rested a little, then did something I've been meaning to do for ages, post some of my art on the web. I've created various artists portfolios over the years and posted them online, some better than others, but each time it eventually disappears as I grow tired of the design or some other aspect. This time I went quick-n-dirty, get it up there with least possible effort, meaning I used Photoshop and automate web gallery. At least it's there, and now I can give the link around to anyone curious about my art. I'd also like to get printed some simple business cards for the rest of my time here in Japan.
Seth A. Crayton: Portfolio.

No comments: