7.6.08

Peace Osaka

Looking at the time, I knew if I tried to go to a major Osaka art museum I wouldn't have a whole lot of time, so instead I looked in my book and realized Peace Osaka was nearby, aka Osaka International Peace Center. Having a free ticket, I went for a look. Exactly like it sounds, it was a museum with exhibits based around WWII. Everything from Japan invasion of China, to US firebombing was explained in detail. There was a lot of information, and I found it interesting, but I will say this, for an 'International' peace center, with a stated goal of presenting clear and precise information about the war, to promote peace, it was very Japan oriented. Certainly, this is to be expected, being in Japan, but there was almost no information about the European conflict, or Germany, and only a single wall about the Holocaust.
DSC01769DSC01770DSC01771

Leaving the peace museum, I walked around the park a bit until I got hungry. Rode the subway to the Umeda JR station, then went looking for food. Went past many possibles, but it wasn't until I was in yet another underground shopping district that I stopped at a nice looking Indian restaurant. I was in the mood for spice, and they delivered. Full and refreshed, I looked at my map, then started walking towards the Umeda Sky Building.

No comments: