6.8.08

Rotembro

I had wanted to sleep in, but my tent was sweltering from the morning sun. So I got up, packed up, then walked down the road a bit to an onsen/hotel I had seen the night before. Very simple, just the single, big bath with a wide sliding door looking out over the lake, but felt nice on my sore legs, and it was neat as it was the first onsen I had been to with natural river stone below my feet.

Found a bus from there, had ramen at a transfer point, and later that day I was at Wakoto-Hantou, a really nice beach-side campsite with free rotembro nearby. Rotembro is open-air bath, and this was was pretty bare bones. The water smelled of sulfer, and there was moss on the rocks. Also, not for the shy as it was right by the beach area with children playing, and mixed-sex bathing.

The lake was great, with the sunset and very calm、

No comments: