1.9.08

Returned to Boston

Today is Monday, and I am back in Boston. Everything is so familiar, yet, somewhat surreal.

I left my apartment in partial disarray, just boxing things up, cleaning, preparing for sublet. I've lived here too many years. But now that I'm back, so many of the objects I surrounded myself with, have lost parts of their meaning. It feels like I'm surrounded by excess baggage and I have a lot to do.

Other than that, I am glad to be home. Money was an issue while I was away, and by the end of my month traveling, I could not shake the feeling of being homeless. From boarding the plane in Japan, to carrying my bags up the steps into my apartment, 30 hours passed. Add to that the night spent in beforehand in KIX airport, and it was a long, long, trip.

But I'm back now, and feel myself wanting to move forward, to change, to do better. Japan was an experience. In some ways it showed me my strengths, in others highlighted my weaknesses. I would change many things if I could do it again, but those thoughts are of no use, yet. Right now, I move forward, and with my classes starting again this Thursday, it's time to jump right in.

I will be completing this Blog as I find the time, more photos, finished words, back-dated to become a daily record of my time in Japan. I will post recent entries to the left.

No comments: